There are so many choices and options right now in terms of NFT projects. For this post, I’ll look pretty strictly at projects on the Ethereum blockchain – but there are equivalent projects being developed or taking off on ADA, Solana, Ravencoin, and more.
The best of these projects incorporate aspects of all of these. The most top of mind examples are Pixel Vault which has avatars, daos, game (coming), tokens, staking, and much more. Bored Ape Yacht Club. I’m also betting on the future of Raini Lords of Light (game, staking, defi, art drops) , Doctor Who-Worlds Apart, Non-Fungible Heroes, and Buzzed Bear Hideout. Many of the other projects I’m interested in (Monkey Bets and Ape DAO) are offshoots or aligned projects.
I find myself getting into several different kinds of crypto/nft projects lately. They are:
- Avatar/pfp projects – I’m pretty well done getting into new ones of these and generally look for a good reason to get in that is more than just fun/funny/amazing art
- Communities – things like BAYC and MetaHeroes or Gutter Cat Gang – vibrant active communities that support each other
- Games – things like Influence Asteroids, Lords of Light, Doctor Who
- DAOs – decentralized orgs that have a purpose – Ape DAO, Monkey Bets DAO, United Planets (Pixel Vault) DAOS
- Curated Drops – Good Guys, Holmo Viemiento etc.
- Generative art – Genetic Chain, Pixelglyph, Cubeverse.
- Tokenomics/coins/defi Unstable Horses Yard, WEmint.cash, Bulls on the Block,
- Innovative use of blockchain/nfts – Spottie Wifi, Deadheads, The Adventurers, Heaven Computer, Tiki Festival, Jenkins the Valet.
- Funky/quirky art communities One Day Bastards, Crypteriors, Invaders, Deebies and Mighty Manateez
- Metaverse stuff – I’m kinda late to this and missed out on a Metaverse Jetpack which was a big win even though I was whitelisted for it. With all of these communities and projects – liquidity is the big issue and also I don’t have the ability to play whale games by buying up big mints or speculative bets.
God – there is so much happening in NFTs and blockchain right now – what did I miss?