Got a scoop or want to join us? Reach out to me via DMs on Twitter or in the Vagobond Discord.
If your email has truncated this briefing – see the entire briefing at https://vagobond.com/
Cinco de Mayo, 2022
In This Issue:
From the Editor by Vagobond
Latest in Travel NFTs
Travel Photo NFT Projects
Food & Beverage NFT Projects
Vagobond’s Recent NFT Acquisitions
NFT & Crypto Alerts, Alpha, News, & Headlines
NFT Religion from Bald Jesus
Aloha Frens and Happy Cinco de Mayo,
To all my Mexican frens – I hope you have a wonderful holiday. Someday I’ll get back to Mexico and enjoy some exploration and adventure there. At least I hope so. To my American frens – try not to get too boozed up today.
The NFT space is in a pause – like all financial markets at the moment, there is a lot of uncertainty. There will be several announcements and project launches today that will hopefully give us some clarification of things moving forward. People are hyped about 10KTF – and although much ballyhooed – the Yuga Labs land keeps changing hands. Lots of activity there. Our friend OSF is launching a new collection soon – and holders of his pieces will be getting free claims – which to me is definitive of what the Web3 space is about. Elon Musk continues to play games with things that cost other people money – which as the richest man in the world, he seems oblivious to.
The argument that crypto levels the playing field is starting to feel forced with Musk and Gucci as the banner-men for crypto adoption. In fact, it’s starting to feel a lot more like a playground for rich people. I wonder what Satoshi would think?
Travel NFT Projects (& Food!)
#nfttravel #nftravel #nftours #nfttours #tourNFTs #travelNFTs #tourismNFTs #NFTourism #NFTourism
Updated Thursdays – See latest at https://vagobond.com/nft-101/the-travel-food-nft-beat-updated-thursdays/
As I gear up for my own summer travel – I keep watching this space. It’s a slow mover. And yet, it is moving – bit by bit, the river swells. I’ll admit that I’m a little excited about Drew Binsky’s drop and the Satoshi Island Citizenship NFT drop. We’ll see how they both go. Floors on expensive projects in travel are also dropping and my hope is that at some point I can hit it big in other NFTs and somehow get a Travala Tiger and maybe a Flyfish Club membership. I’d have to hit it very big to afford either. ~CD
News and Info on Travel NFTs
- Three NFT Travel Use Cases To Watch Out For
- TravelMyth offers Proof of Hotel Stay NFTs
- Seychelles offers travelers NFT Nature Collectibles(Non Fungible Tokens for Conservation -NFTC)
- Meet Flycoin – a crypto based travel rewards program
- Is the San Marino NFT based Covid Health Passport a model for actual passports?
- IATA travel pass – another NFT based Covid passport solution
Travel Tokens by Drew Binsky – https://traveltokensnft.com
- Whitelist Registration has opened: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScK6gKi645yNgse4GCSMKJJw_E1_UPI4IjUAwQm3uyyJqV3eQ/viewform
- WL mint price will reportedly be .07 and public .09.
- Drew created Travel Tokens as a way to bring together his community of 10 Million and celebrate the beauty of our world! It’s the first-ever travel-focused NFT collection that represents ALL 197 countries. The collection is split into 3 rarity’s; | 348 Common | 58 Golden Rare | 14 Platinum Rare What are the benefits of holding? Holding a Travel Token NFT will grant the individual a number of benefits, these benefits consist of the following; | Travel hacking course for free ($250 value)! | 60% of all proceeds going to numerous charities! | Guaranteed a Free NFT in Drew’s 2nd NFT collection! | Possibility of winning a free RTW trip with Drew | Get random FaceTime calls with Drew if you have a Platinum rare token | Attend Drew’s annual secret event (i.e. yacht party)
Satoshi Island – https://satoshi-island.com/ A real private island dedicated to the crypto community. The island is already owned by our company and located in Vanuatu, tucked between Australia and Fiji.
The launch of Satoshi Island NFTs is getting close!
– Free Citizenship NFT & Land NFT sale released 1st day
– Price under 3 ETH per Land NFT
– Whitelisted citizens get 21% discount
— Satoshi Island (@satoshiisland) April 17, 2022
SuperLocal – https://pass.superlocal.com/ NFT gated travel app where users can mint locations as NFTs. SuperLocal is available in App Stores now. I highly recommend it. Also – when you download it follow me – Username: CD Vagobond. First $LOCAL airdrop is coming soon.
- Local Trotter NFTs are still available to mint – floor .026 ETH and art is revealed now https://hello.superlocal.com/ Mayorship NFTs are mintable and have a floor of .75 ETH. Super Early Access NFTs now have a floor of less than .01 – not sure why.
- This is a real company with a real product and a huge and growing community. This is my strongest conviction bet in the travel NFT world. There is a strong userbase and active community on the app as well as in the Discord.
- From the Discord: Our next update is getting very close; it ended up being a little more challenging that we anticipated! Here’s what’s new and on the way very soon: 1. Personal data after checking in! E.g. you’ll start to see stuff like “You’ve been to 5 coffee shops this year.” 2. Improved checkin confirmation page (with personal data mentioned above) 3. Memories on the map… easier to see all of the place you’ve gone to in the past 4. Contextual reactions on the feed. This means that one emoji will match the place type… like if the check in is at a coffee shop, there will be a ☕️ emoji reaction
1/ When we launch $LOCAL, we will introduce the Public Good DAO.
Here’s what the Public Good DAO is 👇
— Superlocal (@joinsuperlocal) May 3, 2022
@joinsuperlocal has become my new favorite app.. now I’ve started to set reminders and follow ups to make sure I snag a pic of the places I visit!
— Bharath Srinivas (@_bharaths) May 3, 2022
No recent significant updates on projects below:
Elysium – https://elysiumclub.io/ Twitter: @elysiumclubnft Instragram: @elysiumclubnft Youtube Channel – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWCCPh-B5Xy5gmjtMQ8nH3A OS – https://opensea.io/collection/elysiumclubnft
- I’m still unsure about this. I want to believe, but then, I want to believe in every aspirational project.I spent way more than I should have to buy into the ecosystem – which may end up being a good decision – but the floor seems to hover between .25 and .33 and there is very little activity from the team in terms of announcements – which could me they are working hard on the back end…I hope.
- 8 apartments in various cities around the world – but users can book them for free (2 nights per NFT)
- I think they are working hard to make amazing things happen – but it does have a lot of the feel of ‘If it feels too good to be true, it probably is’ so buyer beware.
- AMA #17 Recording (yesterday)
- Currently minting at 516 mints out of 10001 at a mint price of .08 ETH. Floor is at 5 ETH. Holders are Diamond Handed. They are minting but it’s a slow roll
- The community is really engaged, the Discord is fun.
- Started a travel concierge service for founders this week. Had a great call with my personal travel concierge – I could really see the Zo World taking off
Travel Toucans – https://www.traveltoucans.com/ These guys do a weekly Twitter Space focused on travel NFTs on Wednesdays – worth checking out linktr.ee/TravelToucans Travel Toucans is turning into a really useful travel community of people who help each other out with information and suggestions.
- Several tourist guides have been shared along with some good travel community interactions on the Discord. Regularly hold $25 giveaway for holders.
TravelX.io – Reimagining a better travel industry
- Describes itself as “The next evolution in IRL NFT Utility” Island Resort Membership. Fiji Based. Resort owners, doxxed team, but expensive – I mean they want to actually buy a Fiji resort, so that makes sense. Worth having a look at this website. It’s more than I’m willing to spend (lowest tier .35 Eth) but it is a neat project with a lot of potential.
- HOLIDAO seeks to build a community of trailblazers reaping the rewards of belonging to a NFT project which owns fun and exciting income producing real estate assets. Harnessing the unique attributes of decentralized fractional ownership and Crypto, HOLIDAO is a real estate ecosystem providing fun, philanthropy and lifelong memories to its members.Initially comprising 8,000 NFT’s which will fund the purchase of an existing operational resort in Fiji. This significantly changes the profitability profile for the resort allowing for a more sustainable and collaborative model.The resort will continue to run as an existing profitable business. HOLIDAO members will receive special rewards as these profits will go back into our community. Along with FREE HOLIDAYS we plan to disperse the profits in the form of giveaways and incentives for genesis holders.The founders have a clear business plan, experience and the energy to sustain this Web3 project. We will scale, develop and grow HOLIDAO to add more IRL assets with a shared treasury and governance by the community. This should ensure an NFT project with long term price appreciation all the while providing the fun and memories of resort island holidays.
NCL – Norwegian Cruise Line has launched their NFT collection
- Auction continues for NFT that grants stateroom on inaugural voyage of new ships Currently $3k
CABIN – https://www.creatorcabins.com This is one of the coolest projects I’ve recently come across. “Our vision is to build a decentralized city for creators.Cabin is an experiment in the future of cities: decentralized physical nodes tied together by a shared culture, economy, and governance structure.”
Travala Travel Tigers – Minting now for WhiteList https://www.travala.com/nft – these guys are the OGs of paying for travel with crypto. Their initial foray into NFTs is expensive and will probably sell out before reaching the public sale – but offers some amazing benefits.
- 1000 tokens sold (773 owners) with a floor now at 3.297 (range has been 2.99 – 5 ETH since I began watching, nice volume) The benefits are pretty astounding – but still not sure if worth the cost.
- From the website: “We Wander is a collection of unique and inclusive travel-inspired NFTs, generated from hand-drawn elements by travel blogger Anna Faustino and stored on the Ethereum Blockchain.We are on a mission to inspire people to wander and explore so they can create unforgettable memories around the world.Through our exciting Wander Quests and more, we want to help bridge IRL (in real life) travel experiences into Web3 and the Metaverse. As a community, we will be supporting various environmental charities and pioneering movements to help make an impact and make the world a better place.Wander with us on this exciting journey.”
- From the OS collection description: “The Lucky Ape Travel Club🍀 is an NFT collection that works as a collectible art piece, membership to an exclusive club with free access to properties all around the world, and invitation to our annual parties. Website unlocks and perks can be access by the community through roadmap activation.”
- 1 ETH mint price is way more than I am willing to pay, founders appear to be anon
- Some activity in Discord and on Twitter, mint is currently open, 708 pieces held by 62 owners, floor of .999 right below mint price. I’m staying away from this one.
NFTstayy – NftStayy.com “First and only travel agency serves on Web3 and metaverse . Only travel agency accummulate income for own NFT collectors.”
- NFTs that you can purchase with credit card or wire transfer but not clear what you get, what chain they are on, or anything else. On the one hand, the site/project is progressing – but I’m still not sure exactly what it is.
- Link to OpenSea leads nowhere, link to Discord is expired – I’ll keep watching but that’s all unless some clarity emerges.
- Anon team.
PNFT – Cayman’s Paradise NFT Club – https://nftcayman.com/ This is a new and novel approach to using NFTs to get discounts and invigorate travel in the Cayman Islands.
- 3.2 k minted by 116 owners with a. floor of .06 and a volume of .24 ETH total – no change.
- If I were taking a trip to the Cayman’s, I would probably mint one of these.
- 434 minted by 235 owners. Floor range has been .15-.35, currently .25 with little volume. Only 4 out of 435 for sale.
- Minting is closed.
- Founders announced first leases are signed
- Doxxed team, interesting roadmap
The Residence DAO – http://www.theresidencedao.com/ The Residence DAO is reshaping the way people experience the world by building a portfolio of properties that NFT holders can access
- The website says minting is live, but aside from that, I can’t tell much more. Twitter has gone dormant. No OpenSea assets that I can find. Ah…from the Discord:
“Thank you again to everyone who has supported us so far. For those of you who have missed prior announcements, we have decided to refund existing holders, improve the project and relaunch in the near future. Shortly after this announcement, holders will be refunded the FULL mint price (.305 for Miami; 1.25 for Global)! Holders will not need to take any additional measures on their end; we took a snapshot of existing holders a short while ago. Moving forward, do not purchase any TRD NFTs on OpenSea. Metadata will be wiped from existing NFTs.”
- Anon team, probably would avoid anything to do with this unless I start seeing a doxxed team.
NFT Booking – https://book.nftbooking.eu/ Book all of your travel with $BOOK – Aspires to be the AirBnB of NFT/crypto travel
- No updates or announcements in Discord
- This is more of a crypto project $BK – but seems more aspirational than useful
- No team mentioned on site, I didn’t bother reading the white paper based on discord, site, and twitter activity
Lynkey – Luxury Resorts and Travel powered by Blockchain and NFTs. https://lynkey.com/
- This feels more like a crypto travel desk with an NFT project tacked on.
- 1 billion Lynkey Tokens, with ~3800 wallets
- It’s interesting and worth continuing to watch
Wanderlust Finance – https://wanderlust.finance/
- I love all the roadmap stuff here, but this seems to be a token that is promising a bunch of really cool stuff but that so far has dead links to the App Store, dead links to the minter, etc. I really want this to be what they are promising – but so far, it’s a roadmap and a token.
- Wanderlust is a Tech company developing an all in one blockchain companion application that allows users to pay for travel accommodations and experiences through a native decentralized Asset.
- Partially doxxed team, no real difference from last week to this week on the site that I can discern.
- While the twitter says that staking is live, I can’t seem to find a token contract or listed token.
Nomadz – https://twitter.com/Nomadz_NFT I won a whitelist for this project through Travel Toucans, I’m not sure I’ll use it. Friendly engaged Discord community but I’m not even really sure what they are trying to do. No website and no real laid out agenda or goals.
- Nomadz is a collection of 10 000 neo-adventurers. Owning a Nomadz NFT gives you access to a lost map with outdoor challenges. Those that prove worthy will be lead to a secret treasure! Seasonal Adventures are a set of 5 geographically-neutral seasonal adventures leading-up to rare treasure NFT artwork from selected travel photographers! Access to our 5-day Nomad Labs festival (travel documentary film festival, music festival, NFT travel photography exhibitions, workshops and lectures) Access to funding for adventures and creative travel-related projects. Access to live workshops led by some of the biggest names in the NFT photography landscape. Hidden goodies…
Note: The following three projects are all intertwined with one another and I highly recommend that anyone who is considering investing in these or any NFT project do their own due diligence and research. Listing travel NFTs here is a way to keep track of the space and by no means is any sort of investment advice or recommendation. DYOR! NFA!
Project FOMO – https://projectfomo.com/ a unique collection of NFTs designed to give its holders access to once-in-a-lifetime luxury travel getaways to its members. The team is working in tandem with global governments to reinvest a portion of their NFT sales back into these travel based economies.
Fanverse https://fanversecoin.io/ – a multi-chain NFT marketplace that blends fans, community, blockchain, and NFT technology, creating a new era of luxury and digital entertainment that is powered by web3 offering carefully vetted luxury focused NFT’s collections and exclusive access to once in a lifetime experiences.
LiveRichMedia https://liverich.media/ is transforming tourism in the post-Covid economy. Comprised of a team of high-profile content creators with millions of combined followers, LiveRichMedia produces and curates viral content for clients. The team combines its extensive social media reach with the exclusivity of luxury destinations to create breathtaking content that captures billions and encourages followers to travel to high-end destinations all over the world.
Travel Photography Collections
This section will grow over time
Where My Vans Go https://opensea.io/collection/where-my-vans-go
Atomic Photography – https://opensea.io/collection/atomic-photography
Where My Vanagon Goes https://opensea.io/collection/where-my-vanagon-goes– I launched my 33 piece collection earlier this week. I was formerly one of the top rated tour guides on the island of Oahu and each NFT in this collection, allows the owner to book a tour with me in my Vanagon (named 3V or #V Wonder) – terms are that me and Vanagon have to be present and operational – so it’s a little informal but considering that my tours were generally $500-$1300 when I was doing them – there is some serious value in buying one of these for .01 ETH and it is the only way to book a tour with me in Hawaii. Plus – this really is a love letter to both Oahu and Vanagon’s so it’s a pretty cool piece to own.
Each holder of my "Where My Vanagon Goes" #NFTs is entitled to a 3-hour tour on the island of #Oahu, #Hawaii in my Vanagon – a real world utility that far exceeds the purchase cost. Utility exists for as long as I am here and 3V Wonder is still operational and owned by me. #NFT https://t.co/Qls8YBkLuh
— CD | Vagobond.eth (@vagobond) April 11, 2022
Beautiful Cities of the World https://opensea.io/collection/beautiful-cities-trey-ratcliff
Food & Beverage NFTs:
This is such a huge category it really should be a separate beat. I’ll work on that.
Rare Pizzas / Pizza Dao – http://rarepizzas.com
- It all started with Laszlo, 10k Bitcoin, and two pizzas. Now, 11 years later, pizzaDAO is throwing a global pizza party in his honor.
- On Bitcoin Pizza Day in 2021, we spent over $300,000 at more than 300 pizzerias in over 60 countries to throw the World Largest Pizza Party Ever.
- Our mission: Pizza, the formation of Spaceship Earth’s largest pizzaiolo community, the digitization of all the world’s pizza knowledge, and the creation of the open source francheese Open Pizza!
Bored Breakfast Club – Coffee delivered by virtue of owning this NFT. No shipping costs. Great coffee. https://www.boredbreakfastclub.com/
- Second coffee sent.
- Third coffee claim fully funded by community (secondary sales, etc)
- Blend Two reserve sale is live at https://www.boredbreakfastclub.com/product/greasy-spoon
Maison Moon – https://maisonmoon.io/ Maison Moon is a collection of 10,000 uniquely generated premium whisky bottles that will age on the blockchain before reaching your home. As a token holder, you will be able to claim your physical bottle once the final finishing period is over. Your token will also double as a Maison Moon membership that will give you access to fine spirits private sales, exciting air drops and more..
TV Foodmaps – http://www.tvfoodmaps.com/ Can TV Foodmaps translate a successful website into a successful NFT?
Flyfish Club –https://www.flyfishclub.com Gary Vee and Partners NFT club sushi restaurant in NYC
Floor for these is around 2.6 Eth with 1.3k owners (down from 5 ETH )
- Flyfish Club (FFC) is the world’s first member’s only private dining club where membership is purchased on the blockchain as a Non-Fungible-Token (NFT) and owned by the token-holder to gain access to our restaurant and various culinary, cultural and social experiences.
Delectibles by FoodMasku – One man’s quest to make masks from the food he eats
Vagobond’s Recent NFT Acquisitions
I’m being picky about minting these days unless it’s either free & gasless or an essential part of a collection I already hold. I feel like pfps and generative 10k collections have come as far as they can and now it’s the established winners in this space that will give us something new. Possibly like what BAYC is doing with $APE or BYO is doing with their universe. I don’t know – but I’m watching for it and looking for opportunities to either take profits or increase my stake in projects that I think might bring about the next wave of innovation. At this point, it’s safe to assume that every new project is either a rug or a future failure. There are just too many unknowns and too many scams. Blue chip projects and solid teams are the safest bet – but even something like BAYC has an uncertain future in a space that has only developed over the past year.
- I did not buy or mint anything yesterday. Nothing new was dropped to me from projects I’m in. This was a rare day – and it might be something to note with a bit of caution.
News & Alpha
- * ALPHA * – The Vagobond Discord is one of the best free alpha servers around. You might see it in this briefing, but you’ll definitely see it in the Alpha channel of our discord first
- *Alpha* – Huxley just announced that Robot Holders will be dropped the forthcoming Human avatars. This makes the Robots analogous to OG BAYC on many levels.
- *Alpha* – Nuclear Nerds is getting ready to airdrop their first comic to NN holders. First airdrop of its kind I believe. Basically connected to the NN but a separate collection, if the comic isn’t detached and sold separately, it comes with the nerd upon sale. Look for listed nerds right after comic drop to try to snipe nerd + comic
- Revolt to Earn – First official CultDao Ecosystem Token coming in June https://wearecultdao.medium.com/emancipate-the-many-from-wage-slavery-rvlt-b43e6431d51e
- *Airdrop* – DYOR and use a safe wallet! This has not been tested by me but some users have reported getting large airdrops that converted to ETH with no issues: https://docs.benddao.xyz/portal/airdrop
- *Airdrop* – DYOR! Check airdrop eligibility for Optimism here, gonna be one of the best airdrops this year https://app.optimism.io/governance More info here
- Gucci is accepting crypto payments in some US stores and rolling it out to all this year.
- Huxley Comics Burn Event for Human Avatar tokens continues. Floors dropped a bit yesterday.
- LookLabs held their much hyped May 4th Twitter Space and a huge sell off followed. Zero confidence in this project from the holders.
- There is an air of calm in the NFT space that usually means a dramatic change in the market is about to take place. Personally, I think a lot of projects are about to enter the NFT Graveyard.
I’m going to be tokenizing and distributing my startup corporation to holders of Bald Jesus and Vagobond NFTs. Iwahai, Inc. is a Delaware C Corporation and the owner of VoiceMarkr which can be found in the the Apple and Android app stores. VoiceMarkr is a voice centered social media and communications platform which will be owned and developed further by the community – so if you want to be a part of it – you should join the Vagobond Discord ASAP.
The First NFT/Metaverse Religion- Bald Jesusism
The holidays of Bald Jesusism are meant to be fun and healthy for you and your fam. Enjoy them!
Bitcoin Pizza Day – May 22nd is the day the first official transaction with Bitcoin took place. Two large pizzas for 10,000 BTC. We celebrate these very expensive pies by eating pizza and buying pizza for others. This is a great day to buy an extra pizza and give it to someone who doesn’t have one.
https://www.baldjesusdrinkingclub.com – Minting Now!- for Bald Jesus Drinking Club
.04 ETH limited to 777 total
Holy Bjble – AB version – Readable on OS! Only .001 ETH on Polygon so no gas
Bald Jesus is Your Bro! Don’t Be a Dick
I feel pretty blessed to have gotten a piece of Otherside land. I don’t plan on selling it and as long as I own it – I plan on it being the Otherside Temple of Bald Jesus. Now look, if this becomes life changing money and I can improve my family’s situation or something like that – I’m selling it – but until that day (and if that day) this will be the Metaverse HQ for the Bald Jesus fam. Also, since it’s a pretty clear Mutant piece and the Blootiness of it can’t be denied – it’s definitely a home for all BJs, Blooters, and Mutants. Bald Jesus is your bro. Don’t be a dick! And hey – check out the phallic symbols on this mf! – CD
Features – Just click on the image to read the latest!