Got a scoop or want to join us? Reach out to me via DMs on Twitter or in the Vagobond Discord.
If your email has truncated this briefing – see the entire briefing at https://vagobond.com/
April 07, 2022
GM and Aloha Frens,
I had an amazing trip to Los Angeles with my 10-year-old daughter. It was the first of many trips I hope the two of us take together in this life. The highlight was seeing my brother and his family but we also enjoyed a trip to Knott’s Berry Farm, a visit to Disneyland California Adventure, and a stroll through Hollywood. NFTs didn’t play a huge role in this trip though I did attend a party in Santa Monica that was thrown by $LIT – which was fun. Lots of big names were there including Neil Strauss – who wrote the NFT book Survive All Apocalypses. NFT-LA was happening at the same time I was there but the focus on this trip was family.
What did play a big part in this trip were airline and hotel award points. Our hotel in Buena Park was completely paid for by my IHG points and our return flight to Hawaii was also paid with points. In addition, because of my Alaskan miles we were able to upgrade to First Class on the flight to L.A. While it was nice to have a fancy meal and big comfortable seats on an airplane – I didn’t find first class to be worth what the additional fare would have been – even though it was definitely a more comfortable way to fly.
My hope is that NFTs will start to take some of that role that loyalty points and awards take now. I recently bought an Elysium NFT – which gave me a free one year membership to Priority Pass – which gives me free access to airline lounges all over the world. In addition, the promise of Elysium is that it will provide free apartment stays, free private jet flights, and much more. So far, it looks like they intend to make it all happen – but like most things in the NFT space, it could easily turn into a rug.
Additionally, I minted another Super Local Mayorship – this time Disneyland Park (which is actually the little park inside Disneyland) this brings my total up to three mayorships (Waikiki Beach and Honolulu are the other two) plus my early supporter and local trotter NFTs. I’m enjoying the social media aspect of Super Local – and like the idea of getting paid for posting pictures or check ins – and of getting paid for check ins in the places I hold mayorships.
Travel Toucans is proving to be a fun travel community to be a part of. Great vibes and when I asked for tips about an upcoming trip – members provided a lot of great suggestions.
Personally, what I’m hoping for is the emergence (or the team to join me in creating) something like Couchsurfing.org on the blockchain with NFTs. I’m not seeing it yet – but I do feel there is a need for it. I recently paid the fee to rejoin CS.org and it’s not even close to what it used to be. I think Web3 could really revitalize the entire concept.
Vagobond’s Recent NFT Acquisitions
I’m not minting anything these days unless it’s either free and gasless or an essential part of a collection I already hold. I feel like pfps and generative 10k collections have come as far as they can and now it’s the established winners in this space that will give us something new. Possibly like what BAYC is doing with $APE or BYO is doing with their universe. I don’t know – but I’m watching for it and looking for opportunities to either take profits or increase my stake in projects that I think might bring about the next wave of innovation. At this point, it’s safe to assume that every new project is either a rug or a future failure. There are just too many unknowns and too many scams. Blue chip projects and solid teams are the safest bet – but even something like BAYC has an uncertain future in a space that has only developed over the past year.
- Free drop from Bud Light NFT – Cheers by Jason Naylor https://opensea.io/assets/0xe14025a1fd3cf44b112175281c56c20170af5650/1
- Free partner drop for holding Peaceful Groupies from Nametag: https://opensea.io/assets/0xc53dc593b69c67a209cf70d4172078c9125449bb/24975
News & Alpha
* ALPHA * – The Vagobond Discord is one of the best free alpha servers around. You might see it in this briefing, but you’ll definitely see it in the Alpha channel of our discord first.
- Gutter Cat Gang Clones Species 2 Reval(Rat) on 4/14/2022
- Tom Bileyu’s Impact Theory is doing a generative avatar project Kyzen
- Lazer Labs to implement land staking for $XBMF
🏝️Danger Islands Land Staking 🪙
Earn xBMF tokens by staking your land
— Lazer Labs (@LazerLabs) April 7, 2022
- Unbanked Announces Support for $STX Token
- One Day Bae is releasing a token in 13 days – I love this project. It just keeps going. Game coming soon. Team never quits.
- Worlds First SuperYacht Sold for $12m USD
- Norwegian Cruise Line Announces NFT Project
- Paramounts New Star Trek NFT Game Utterly Misses the Point of Star Trek
- Paris Hilton Claims She is Pak
- 1/5 of All BTC Hashrate Now Controlled by Listed Corporations
- Miami Unveils Wall Street Bull Clone Ahead of Bitcoin 2022
- Pixel Vault and Co. Complete Takeover of English Football Club
WAGMI UNITED COMPLETE TAKEOVER OF CLUB
Crawley Town Football Club can today confirm that investment group WAGMI United LLC have purchased Ziya Eren’s controlling shares of Crawley Town Football and Social Club Limited.#TownTeamTogether🔴
— Crawley Town FC (@crawleytown) April 7, 2022
- Is Decentralized Social Media the next big thing in Crypto?
- Adidas appears to be creating their own metaverse ‘land’ – their Into the Metaverse NFT is the key to it: https://ozworld.adidas.com/
- Here’s some serious Alpha for you. I’m going to be tokenizing and distributing my startup corporation to holders of Bald Jesus and Vagobond NFTs. Iwahai, Inc. is a Delaware C Corporation and the owner of VoicMusk Takes Nearly $3B Stake in Twitter; DOGE Spikes eMarkr which can be found in the the Apple and Android app stores. VoiceMarkr is a voice centered social media and communications platform which will be owned and developed further by the community – so if you want to be a part of it – you should join the Vagobond Discord ASAP.
Travel & Food NFT Projects
Updated Thursdays – See latest at https://vagobond.com/nft-101/the-travel-food-nft-beat-updated-thursdays/
Elysium – https://elysiumclub.io/ Twitter: @elysiumclubnft Instragram: @elysiumclubnft Youtube Channel – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWCCPh-B5Xy5gmjtMQ8nH3A OS – https://opensea.io/collection/elysiumclubnft
- Can this possibly work? I don’t know. The mint was expensive at .4 and the floor has dropped to about .3 without selling out. This might be a terrible investment but at the very least I did get the Priority Pass and the apartment rentals have been opened up for the month.
- So far just 8 apartments in various cities around the world – but users can book them for free (2 nights per NFT)
- I think they are working hard to make this happen – but it does have a lot of the feel of ‘If it feels too good to be true, it probably is’ so buyer beware.
SuperLocal – https://pass.superlocal.com/ NFT gated travel app where users can mint locations as NFTs. SuperLocal is available in App Stores now. I highly recommend it. Also – when you download it follow me – Username: CD Vagobond. First $LOCAL airdrop is coming soon.
We bet our company on the promise of web3. We took a huge risk. It's working.
We have the best retention we've ever had, we are seeing more power users than ever, and we are operating profitably (!).
Here are a few of the reasons why our team bet big on web3 social 👇
— Alex Kehr (@alexkehr) April 4, 2022
- Local Trotter NFTs are still available to mint and art is revealed now https://hello.superlocal.com/
- Mayorship NFTs are mintable.
Travel Toucans – https://www.traveltoucans.com/ These guys do a weekly Twitter Space focused on travel NFTs on Wednesdays – worth checking out linktr.ee/TravelToucans Travel Toucans is turning into a really useful travel community of people who help each other out with information and suggestions.
- The first 200 Travel Toucans are almost ready to reveal.
Aloha NFT – https://alohanft.com/ – This is a physical card that you purchase and is shipped to you and then you redeem the physical for NFT. I’ve ordered a pack ($30) and we’ll see how it goes when it arrives. People in the Discord have gotten theirs and the vibes are all positive so far.
- I received my physical card and used the QR code on the back to claim my NFT. I was a little disappointed that it’s in a proprietary blockchain wallet, but there does seem to be a way to export it to ETH/Polygon main net – though I haven’t done that yet.
CABIN – https://www.creatorcabins.com This is one of the coolest projects I’ve recently come across.
Our vision is to build a decentralized city for creators.Cabin is an experiment in the future of cities: decentralized physical nodes tied together by a shared culture, economy, and governance structure.
Lynkey – Luxury Resorts and Travel powered by Blockchain and NFTs. https://lynkey.com/
- This feels more like a crypto travel desk with an NFT project tacked on.
Wanderlust Finance – https://wanderlust.finance/
- I love all the roadmap stuff here, but this seems to be a token that is promising a bunch of really cool stuff but that so far has dead links to the App Store, dead links to the minter, etc. I really want this to be what they are promising – but so far, it’s a roadmap and a token.
- Wanderlust is a Tech company developing an all in one blockchain companion application that allows users to pay for travel accommodations and experiences through a native decentralized Asset.
The Residence DAO – http://www.theresidencedao.com/ The Residence DAO is reshaping the way people experience the world by building a portfolio of properties that NFT holders can access
- The website says minting is live, but aside from that, I can’t tell much more. Twitter has gone dormant. No OpenSea assets that I can find. Ah…from the Discord:
“Thank you again to everyone who has supported us so far. For those of you who have missed prior announcements, we have decided to refund existing holders, improve the project and relaunch in the near future. Shortly after this announcement, holders will be refunded the FULL mint price (.305 for Miami; 1.25 for Global)! Holders will not need to take any additional measures on their end; we took a snapshot of existing holders a short while ago. Moving forward, do not purchase any TRD NFTs on OpenSea. Metadata will be wiped from existing NFTs.”
The Zo World – Zo.xyz This one is hard to get my head around, seems to aspire to be part Couchsurfing and part travel desk. I’d like one of these, but spending $200+ on it when it’s stalled like this isn’t my jam. From the makers of @ZostelHostel the largest backpacking hostel chain
- Currently minting and stalled 337 mints out of 10001 at a mint price of .08 ETH. Only one has sold on secondary and that at .06. The demand just isn’t there.
NFTstayy – NftStayy.com
- “First and only travel agency serves on Web3 and metaverse . Only travel agency accummulate income for own NFT collectors.”
Travala Travel Tigers – Minting now for WhiteList https://www.travala.com/nft – these guys are the OGs of paying for travel with crypto. Their initial foray into NFTs is expensive and will probably sell out before reaching the public sale – but offers some amazing benefits.
- 1000 tokens sold (773 owners) with a floor now at 3.95 (2.99 two weeks ago) The benefits are pretty astounding – but still not sure if worth the cost.
PNFT – Cayman’s Paradise NFT Club – https://nftcayman.com/ This is a new and novel approach to using NFTs to get discounts and invigorate travel in the Cayman Islands.
- 3.2 k minted by 116 owners with a. floor of .06 and a volume of .24 ETH total – no change.
- 434 minted by 235 owners. Floor at .2 now from .35 ETH a few weeks ago.
- Minting is closed. I
NFT Booking – https://book.nftbooking.eu/ Book all of your travel with $BOOK – Aspires to be the AirBnB of NFT/crypto travel
- No updates recently, no announcements
- Announcement after a month says they are working hard, be patient
Travel Tokens by Drew Binsky – https://traveltokensnft.com
- No new updates
- This looks like a fail, Drew is in Iran and launch has been delayed.
Travel Photography Collections
This section will grow over time
Where My Vans Go https://opensea.io/collection/where-my-vans-go
Where My Vanagon Goeshttps://opensea.io/collection/where-my-vanagon-goes
Beautiful Cities of the World https://opensea.io/collection/beautiful-cities-trey-ratcliff
Food & Beverage NFTs:
This is such a huge category it really should be a separate beat. I’ll work on that.
Bored Breakfast Club – Coffee delivered by virtue of owning this NFT. No shipping costs. Great coffee. https://www.boredbreakfastclub.com/
- Second coffee sent.
- Third coffee claim fully funded by community (secondary sales, etc)
- Blend Two reserve sale is live at https://www.boredbreakfastclub.com/product/greasy-spoon
Maison Moon – https://maisonmoon.io/ Maison Moon is a collection of 10,000 uniquely generated premium whisky bottles that will age on the blockchain before reaching your home. As a token holder, you will be able to claim your physical bottle once the final finishing period is over. Your token will also double as a Maison Moon membership that will give you access to fine spirits private sales, exciting air drops and more..
TV Foodmaps – http://www.tvfoodmaps.com/ Can TV Foodmaps translate a successful website into a successful NFT?
Flyfish Club –https://www.flyfishclub.com Gary Vee and Partners NFT club sushi restaurant in NYC
Floor for these is around 4 Eth with 1.3k owners (down from 4.39 last week and 5 ETH the week before)
- Flyfish Club (FFC) is the world’s first member’s only private dining club where membership is purchased on the blockchain as a Non-Fungible-Token (NFT) and owned by the token-holder to gain access to our restaurant and various culinary, cultural and social experiences.
Delectibles by FoodMasku – One man’s quest to make masks from the food he eats
The First NFT/Metaverse Religion- Bald Jesusism
There are no formal or regular holidays in Bald Jesusism for the month of April beyond the full moon and this year, fasting for Ramadan along with our Muslim frens. The full details of the fast can be found in the Holy Bjble – but essentially it is this – during daylight hours you don’t eat or drink anything – not even water. At night, you can feast and have a blast. Meditate on happiness. Gather with friends and enjoy the feeling of light deprivation – and then consider those who don’t get to make a choice in the matter!
The Full Moon Holiday this month is very special. Not only is it occurring during the month of Ramadan, but it is also a Pink Moon and the Paschal Full Moon aka the first full moon of Spring! April 16th is the day to celebrate this. Take the day off from drudgery and work, get outside, enjoy life with the people you love! The week following the Pascal Full Moon is a special holiday for our Christian Frens – Easter! Now, don’t get confused between Bald Jesus and the Christian Jesus – not the same dude but just like we love the Ramadan fast in BJism, we also love the idea of renewal, rebirth, and saving the entire world – so make sure you celebrate with some chocolate and a few colorful rabbit eggs!
The holidays of Bald Jesusism are meant to be fun and healthy for you and your fam. Enjoy them!
https://www.baldjesusdrinkingclub.com – Minting Now!- for Bald Jesus Drinking Club
.04 ETH limited to 777 total
Holy Bjble – AB version – Readable on OS! Only .001 ETH on Polygon so no gas
Bald Jesus is Your Bro! Don’t Be a Dick
I periodically move all of this to the NFT 101 page on Vagobond.com https://vagobond.com/nft-101/
Watchlist for upcoming projects:
Yuga Labs BAYC Land drop
10KTF $NTD drop & BYO $TRYP drop
Gutter Juice ‘Clone’ reveals
Art Heads – I won a free mint of this project, so I’m watching for the mint.
Evmos Punks – The failure of the Evmos Chain the first go around is not promising – but since they learn as they go – this is still a great project to be watching for iteration and innovation.
Great Projects I’m Not In or Following:
aka projects I missed and am salty about. There are too many – see the whole list at:
Missed in April: Murakami Flowers, Seeds, whatever
Tokens & Staking
These are the tokens and crypto/defi projects that NFTs have led me to. Bizarre when you think about it. See the full list at here
These are projects that I wanted to believe in that simply seem like they are dead. I bought into many of these instead of the winning projects above. Take that as a warning. I sincerely hope that they resurrect – but when I put them here, it means that I’ve stopped believing and looking. I hope to someday have a section at the top called ‘Resurrections’ for when projects in the Graveyard manage to rise up again. As time goes on, I have no doubt this will be the biggest section of this newsletter and I will let it keep growing so that those who care to look can understand that the majority of projects fail and investors lose money. Pick wisely, my friends, and good luck!
Newly Buried: These aren’t dead projects but projects I’ve lost hope in exiting profitably. I’m not selling any of these but am tired of watching them fail to deliver. I hope they all resurrect and prove me wrong.
Nate Alexanders ‘Secret Project’ and Chain Faces – this really seems to be going nowhere and no one cares
Danny Cole’s Creatures – he just doesn’t seem to care that floors are shit and no one wants to pay the prices that so many on his secondary fell for
Moonlings – Floors are pathetic. The absence of GFunk from the whole Metahero scene is not helping anything associated with Pixel Vault – including this project started by Founders Dao members
Bloot – I love Bloot but after the failure of the Bloot comic from Pixel Vault to get any traction or even be fully claimed – it’s time to admit that at least one foot is in the grave
Look Labs 420 game – again, not a dead project but so incredibly slow and only seems to be offering things to buy which is not a good sign
Boonji – fucking Boonji. I worked so hard to get on this whitelist and then paid way too much and got nothing but a falling floor from it so far
Land Dao – this rose right at the peak of ‘land’ NFTs and thus far the $RENT token has no utility
See the huge full list at https://vagobond.com/nft-101/nft-project-graveyard/
Features – Just click on the image to read the latest!