Got a scoop or want to join us? Reach out to me via DMs on Twitter or in the Vagobond Discord.
*Pssstt! In a hurry? the (*) indicates something is new or important.
If your email has truncated this briefing – see the entire briefing at https://vagobond.com/
To all of our frens and fam in regions that are suffering right now, I send as much love and compassion as I can. I know it doesn’t do much to change the situations you face, but hopefully just knowing that there are people out there who truly care makes things a tiny bit better. This is a truly shitty situation and one that should have been obviously coming since Putin was allowed to seize Crimea. No one knows how this will all turn out – but in the words of the AP headline I just read “Peace has been shattered in Europe” – a headline that should make us all shudder.
I realize that many people are seeing their NFT, crypto, or stock portfolios destroyed right now. Don’t do anything silly – panic selling might be necessary for you, but if you are going to panic sell, make sure it’s necessary – otherwise there is a high likelihood it will come back as a regret. I copy pasta’d some incredible advice about how to handle your investments when Black Swan events like this come to pass – I recommend that whatever your situation, you go to my discord server and read it.
Wherever you are, I hope that you are safe. I hope that your loved ones are safe.
* ALPHA * – The Vagobond Discord is one of the best free alpha servers around. You might see it in this briefing, but you’ll definitely see it in the Alpha channel of our discord first.
- PUNK MAMBO‘s first issue is available for free on the Valiant website: https://valiantentertainment.com/comics/punk-mambo/ Here is a direct link to the PDF: https://valiantentertainment.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/PUNK_000_Free-Copy.pdf
Travel & Food NFT Projects
Updated Thursdays – See latest at https://vagobond.com/nft-101/the-travel-food-nft-beat-updated-thursdays/
Lynkey – Luxury Resorts and Travel powered by Blockchain and NFTs. https://lynkey.com/
Why travel industry is a natural fit for #blockchain?
1. Inevitably, travel comprises data sharing amongst multiple parties, ranging from travel advisors, online travel package providers, airline companies, credit card companies to hotels & rental agencies.#LynKey #smarttourism pic.twitter.com/gzyYMOe0FZ
— LynKey (@LynKey_) February 24, 2022
- Not sure about this one at all, good local vibes in the Discord but the art and project feel pretty one dimensional
Travel Tokens by Drew Binsky – https://traveltokensnft.com
- Again, one I’m not sure of. Less focused on travel than on one man’s travel. Not much activity on Twitter, some dates on the website, and almost no activity I the Discord.
SuperLocal – NFT gated travel app where users can mint locations as NFTs. https://pass.superlocal.com/
- Latest Discord Announcement: We’re on the homestretch of development for our big updates with Mayorship NFTs. This update is seriously big, so we are being extra thoughtful about testing before we push it to TestFlight and deploy our Mayorship contract on Mainnet. Here’s what is in the next update: – New onboarding and invite system! Get in with your Early Access Pass or Localtrotters NFT and/or invite friends with 5 invites that every person gets – Mayorship NFTs! Collect places and earn passive tokens! – New profiles! We had to update the profile design to show Mayorships collected and just took the opportunity to do a general clean up – New header and tab bar across the app. Cleaner icons and just feels much nicer in general – New share graphics after checking in. Looks better when you share your checkin to Facebook and Instagram – Activity page updates! Showing you your earnings and/or royalty collections on the Activity tab – Map 2.0! We simplified the map down to one feature. We might ship this one update after all of the items above, but it’s nearly done! I’m working on the Localtrotters website now and the team is wrapping up a few final endpoints for Mayorship NFTs.
- Minted 2/22/22 – 132/10001 minted. I bought four of these and will hold. I love the vibe these guys bring but as you can see from the projects above – there isn’t a whole lot of enthusiasm in the NFT space about travel right now. Travel projects are struggling to get any traction.
Travala Travel Tigers – Minting now for WhiteList https://www.travala.com/nft – these guys are the OGs of paying for travel with crypto. Their initial foray into NFTs is expensive and will probably sell out before reaching the public sale – but offers some amazing benefits.
- 1000 tokens sold out with a floor now of 3.4 ETH (last week was 5.5) The benefits are pretty astounding – but still not sure if worth the cost.
NFT Booking – https://book.nftbooking.eu/ Book all of your travel with $BOOK – Aspires to be the AirBnB of NFT/crypto travel
- Virtually no activity since my last update.
News and Info on Travel NFTs
- Press Release: DaoBnB Launch Announcement
- Aloha NFT becomes Hawaii’s first NFT homegrown marketplace
Travel Photography Collections
This section will grow over time
Food & Beverage NFTs:
This is such a huge category it really should be a separate beat.
News & Articles:
- Miami Gets NFT Restaurant
- Fries DAO buying Fast Food Franchises
- McDonalds adds NFTs to Menu
- Chick’n Cone Enters NFT World
- Monster Energy Drinks files patents for NFTs
TV Foodmaps – http://www.tvfoodmaps.com/
- Can TV Foodmaps translate a successful website into a successful NFT?
Flyfish Club –https://www.flyfishclub.com Gary Vee and Partners NFT club sushi restaurant in NYC
Floor for these is around 4.39 from a 5 ETH floor last week.
- Flyfish Club (FFC) is the world’s first member’s only private dining club where membership is purchased on the blockchain as a Non-Fungible-Token (NFT) and owned by the token-holder to gain access to our restaurant and various culinary, cultural and social experiences.
Bored Breakfast Club – Coffee delivered by virtue of owning this NFT. https://www.boredbreakfastclub.com/
- First batch of coffee out for delivery to token holders
Blend One Reserve Roast sale! Exclusive for our NFT holders.
First come, first serve as limited supplies are available!
All proceeds fund the Community Coffee Wallet for future blends. ☕
— BoredBreakfastClub (@BoredBreakfast) February 23, 2022
Delectibles by FoodMasku – One man’s quest to make masks from the food he eats
Vagobond’s New Acquisitions
You can find my NFT buying methodology and more at https://vagobond.com/nft-101/
I didn’t mint anything yesterday, but these three NFTs were airdropped to me for things I already own.
This morning’s cover (on Vagobond) is a customized Metakay
My Chip List Top 5’s Today
(Feel free to disagree) – this list will change daily based on my own hype and holdings. To get the latest news on all of these and my more permanent lists go to https://vagobond.com/my-bag-of-nft-chips-blue-red-white/
- Pixel Vault/Punks Comic/Metahero
- On Chain Monkeys
- Valiant Comics
- Peaceful Groupies
- Moons of Mars
- Influence Asteroids
- Dead Heads
- Danger Islands / Lazer Defi
- Non-Fungible Heroes
Daily Features – Just click on the image to read the latest!
NFT & Metaverse Religion & Sprituality
The First NFT/Metaverse Religion- Bald Jesusism Bald Jesus – BJ is Your Bro
https://www.baldjesusdrinkingclub.com – Minting Now!- for Bald Jesus Drinking Club
.05 ETH limited to 777 total
Holy Bjble – AB version – Readable on OS! Only .001 ETH on Polygon so no gas
I bought some of this. I staked it. I’m not sure what will happen with it, but I like the ideology which is more like an anarchist cult than a religious cult.
I periodically move all of this to the NFT 101 page on Vagobond.com https://vagobond.com/nft-101/
Moonlings – Metahero derivitive project by PVFD – https://discord.gg/cXjPutEu4h
Great Projects I’m Not In or Following:
aka projects I missed and am salty about. There are too many – see the whole list at:
Missed in February: Generative Dungeons, Heroes, Mfers
Tokens & Staking
These are the tokens and crypto/defi projects that NFTs have led me to. Bizarre when you think about it. See the full list at here
These are projects that I wanted to believe in that simply seem like they are dead. I bought into many of these instead of the winning projects above. Take that as a warning. I sincerely hope that they resurrect – but when I put them here, it means that I’ve stopped believing and looking. I hope to someday have a section at the top called ‘Resurrections’ for when projects in the Graveyard manage to rise up again. As time goes on, I have no doubt this will be the biggest section of this newsletter and I will let it keep growing so that those who care to look can understand that the majority of projects fail and investors lose money. Pick wisely, my friends, and good luck!
Newly Buried: See the huge full list at https://vagobond.com/nft-101/nft-project-graveyard/