Got a scoop or want to join us? Reach out to me via DMs on Twitter or in the Vagobond Discord.
If your email has truncated this briefing – see the entire briefing at https://vagobond.com/
In This Issue:
From the Editor by Vagobond
NFT LIT (Monday Beat) by Greg R. Fishbone
The State of PageDAO by T. Dylan Daniel
Vagobond’s Recent NFT Acquisitions
NFT & Crypto Alerts, Alpha, News, & Headlines
NFT Religion from Bald Jesus
Aloha Frens & GM,
Well, there’s blood in the streets everywhere you look – but let’s not pretend we didn’t see that coming. It still hurts though. All markets are bleeding out and while there may be a temptation to run and scream that the sky is falling and there is nothing we can do about it- let’s not forget that this presents a huge opportunity. I think we still have a long way to fall – but I’m already starting to buy some modest positions on the way down. I plan on doing a little DCA’ing all the way to zero.
Now, to be fair – some projects and companies will die and never recover. That’s why we need to be looking beyond projects and companies at the overall vision that is forming around us. I remain long term bullish on crypto in general and on NFTs in particular – even more particular – I remain convinced that NFTs will change the way that creators interact with the people who consume and enjoy their work. Artists, musicians, writers – the blockchain was made for they and their fans. As well, travel and access will be completely transformed by this technology. And of course, banking, finance, and ownership in general are already changed though not everyone recognizes that yet.
The markets will correct – but it’s going to be messy. 100%. I’m not going to panic sell. I’ll admit though – if I had been as certain as I sound – I would have sold a few things over the past few weeks that I didn’t – but that’s the nature of this stuff. It can go either way – and it does – which is why none of this is financial advice. You do you – but do it with a clear head and a clear vision.
Let’s be like the band on the Titanic – we’ll keep playing as the ship sinks, but let’s hope that the noise we make on the way down brings succor. Good luck out there frens.
Literary NFT Beat
Find the latest plus links and more at https://vagobond.com/literary-nft-beat/
My app bio at http://greg.app.bio includes a blog of collectible NFT thoughts.
This week: “On the Death of a Parent”
Thanks for Your Support
I’m getting back into a normalish schedule this week. Thanks for all of your condolences about Dad.
PageDAO, the Metaverse Writer’s Guild, released its 2022 Membership Card NFTs this week. If you had a 2021 Membership Card, and PageDAO book, or a sufficient number of $PAGE tokens, you will have been airdropped a Gold Membership Card while Silver and Diamond Membership Cards are available for purchase.
These cards currently enable the printing of PDF-based NFT Books into PageDAO’s ReadMe Collection on Polygon. There are currently no differences among the levels in terms of utility. Cards on the Evmos blockchain are forthcoming.
Blog Update on Serial NFT Fiction
Rae Wojcik of Sitka World has published the first blog post in a planned series about the future of publishing. This post focuses on the potential of NFT books in publishing serialized novels including some of the economics and business model considerations that authors should be thinking of.
A big part of literary NFTs promises to be the communities and immersive universes that can grow up around literary franchises. As we’ve seen in the movies, a cinematic universe can energize a fandom base, although not every project is conducive to such expansion.
Readl has rolled out their initial experiment in the Readl Universes space: The Womanoid Diaries project, created by Ava Lock, is a cyberpunk universe supporting stories that explore LGBTQ+ themes. In addition to NFT books and collectibles, some NFTs allow owners a share in the royalties of novels set in this universe.
Womanoid Diaries Universe: https://marketplace.readl.co/universe/the-womanoid-diaries
Meet Lore, our newest Hexile Mascot. He’ll be taking over the 100 Words NFT collection that members of our Facebook group are collaborating on. He’s accepting definitions of words related to writing and reading books and poems, and there’s still time to join the Facebook community and submit.
The Week in Page Dao
by T. Dylan Daniel dylan.app.bio
True to form, it’s technically already Monday when I sit down to write this. We’ve had a stellar week at PageDAO. Our own EZINCRYPTO and Resident Artist Erick Stow teamed up with Bitlectro Labs to finish the exciting new Pass the Pen short story, Ultra Pizza Thrash Or Die. I had an interview with a high profile magazine. And I got to cut my teeth as a solidity developer.
We saw a handful of new NFTBooks go out, too; and we have an arrangement with the PizzaDAO to provide publishing architecture for a high end quarterly NFT rag. But none of this is what everyone’s talking about. We haven’t even gotten to the good stuff yet.
Last Friday, I managed to deploy the smart contract and the dAPP to mint the new PageDAO 2022 Membership NFT series. We airdropped almost 420 of them to eligible PageDAO participants, and a handful of people have already used them to mint books to the ReadMe Books collection we have at OpenSea.
And then this evening, on a wild hair, I tried to deploy to Evmos. And everything just worked. So now we have a new network, too. Same story on the airdrop: almost 420 new Gold tokens just went out on Evmos, undoubtedly many members’ first Evmos NFT.
We ended up having to scrap the idea that the Diamond Membership would lead to anything, but we decided to keep it as an expensive boondoggle in case someone loves us that much. And we do very much still intend to work with our friends in publishing to build specific minter dAPPs for their businesses.
Life is wild. Times are hectic. I’ve got a handful more tricks up my sleeve and then I’m gonna take some me time and go enjoy the nice weather this summer.
Peace love and Wippy!
Vagobond’s Recent NFT Acquisitions
I’m being picky about minting these days unless it’s either free & gasless or an essential part of a collection I already hold. I feel like pfps and generative 10k collections have come as far as they can and now it’s the established winners in this space that will give us something new. Possibly like what BAYC is doing with $APE or BYO is doing with their universe. I don’t know – but I’m watching for it and looking for opportunities to either take profits or increase my stake in projects that I think might bring about the next wave of innovation. At this point, it’s safe to assume that every new project is either a rug or a future failure. There are just too many unknowns and too many scams. Blue chip projects and solid teams are the safest bet – but even something like BAYC has an uncertain future in a space that has only developed over the past year.
- Page DAO 2022 Membership Cards dropped https://opensea.io/assets/matic/0xd9ff4b61817ff3246d012ff8918e3e8b8dfa5a39/307
- I bought a copy of Poems by Indefatugable
- I put my Danger Islands pirates in a battle against ‘Ol Slithery – and they won. I won this cool NFT and lucked out to win a jackpot worth almost .5 ETH which I used to buy a couple of NFTs I’d had my eye on.
- I finally rebought ‘The Degenaissance’ from $LIT. The floor reached the point that I wanted it back. I think it still has quite a ways to drop further, but I was comfortable with this entry point. I just hope that $LIT starts doing something. I’m locking this sucker up in the vault and forgetting about it.
- I bought this fine Non-Fungible Hero (villain) yesterday – he was sitting at the floor.
- Buying NFTs on EvMos and Stargaze with airdropped coins feels much better than buying with ETH right now. I bought a couple of War Cats and an EvBits
News & Alpha
- * ALPHA * – The Vagobond Discord is one of the best free alpha servers around. You might see it in this briefing, but you’ll definitely see it in the Alpha channel of our discord first
- *GiveAway* – I’m giving away a copy of Issue #1 of Vagobond Magazine
♥️Retweet + Like
🪃Comment Positively + Tag 3 frens
Winner Picked in 72 Hours. LFG. #NFTGiveaways
— CD | Vagobond.eth (@vagobond) May 9, 2022
- Zuck says Instagram to test NFTs this Week
- Bitcoin hits 10 month Low – Keeps Dropping
- Japanese e-commerce site accepts $BTC & $XRP for Used Cars
- Cherie Hu on Music and the Metaverse
- *Alpha* – Nuclear Nerds is getting ready to airdrop their first comic to NN holders. First airdrop of its kind I believe. Basically connected to the NN but a separate collection, if the comic isn’t detached and sold separately, it comes with the nerd upon sale. Look for listed nerds right after comic drop to try to snipe nerd + comic
- Revolt to Earn – First official CultDao Ecosystem Token coming in June https://wearecultdao.medium.com/emancipate-the-many-from-wage-slavery-rvlt-b43e6431d51e
- *Airdrop* – DYOR and use a safe wallet! This has not been tested by me but some users have reported getting large airdrops that converted to ETH with no issues: https://docs.benddao.xyz/portal/airdrop
- *Airdrop* – DYOR! Check airdrop eligibility for Optimism here, gonna be one of the best airdrops this year https://app.optimism.io/governance More info here
I’m going to be tokenizing and distributing my startup corporation to holders of Bald Jesus and Vagobond NFTs. Iwahai, Inc. is a Delaware C Corporation and the owner of VoiceMarkr which can be found in the the Apple and Android app stores. VoiceMarkr is a voice centered social media and communications platform which will be owned and developed further by the community – so if you want to be a part of it – you should join the Vagobond Discord ASAP.
The First NFT/Metaverse Religion- Bald Jesusism
The holidays of Bald Jesusism are meant to be fun and healthy for you and your fam. Enjoy them!
Bitcoin Pizza Day – May 22nd is the day the first official transaction with Bitcoin took place. Two large pizzas for 10,000 BTC. We celebrate these very expensive pies by eating pizza and buying pizza for others. This is a great day to buy an extra pizza and give it to someone who doesn’t have one.
https://www.baldjesusdrinkingclub.com – Minting Now!- for Bald Jesus Drinking Club
.04 ETH limited to 777 total
Holy Bjble – AB version – Readable on OS! Only .001 ETH on Polygon so no gas
Bald Jesus is Your Bro! Don’t Be a Dick
Features – Just click on the image to read the latest!