The NFT / Crypto Graveyard
These are projects that I wanted to believe in that simply seem like they are dead. I bought into many of these instead of the winning projects above. Take that as a warning. I sincerely hope that they resurrect – but when I put them here, it means that I’ve stopped believing and looking. I hope to someday have a section at the top called ‘Resurrections’ for when projects in the Graveyard manage to rise up again. As time goes on, I have no doubt this will be the biggest section of this newsletter and I will let it keep growing so that those who care to look can understand that the majority of projects fail and investors lose money. Pick wisely, my friends, and good luck!
Buried in April:
Look Labs –https://gp.420.game/ This is the latest Weed game.
- So slow – and just increased complexity and more shit to buy. Moved to Graveyard.
- Buds are revealing, game pass and buds are stakeable
- Green Fam. https://greenpaper-v2.420.game/
- I’m still not enthusiastic about this project and glad I sold the two green passes I did. I kept one and we will see what results – there have been a lot of promises made on this and it will be key to see how things are delivered.
Nate Alexanders ‘Secret Project’ and Chain Faces – this really seems to be going nowhere and no one cares
Danny Cole’s Creatures – he just doesn’t seem to care that floors are shit and no one wants to pay the prices that so many on his secondary fell for
Moonlings – Floors are pathetic. The absence of GFunk from the whole Metahero scene is not helping anything associated with Pixel Vault – including this project started by Founders Dao members
Bloot – I love Bloot but after the failure of the Bloot comic from Pixel Vault to get any traction or even be fully claimed – it’s time to admit that at least one foot is in the grave
Boonji – fucking Boonji. I worked so hard to get on this whitelist and then paid way too much and got nothing but a falling floor from it so far
Land Dao – this rose right at the peak of ‘land’ NFTs and thus far the $RENT token has no utility
Buried in March:
Rebels in Disguise – https://rebelsindisguise.co/ – An experiment in storytelling.
- Lore being updated, various giveaways to holders
Rebel Planet Motor Club – https://discord.gg/2pFUWV6R6p
- Slow but steady progress on a big roadmap – IRL collector coins coming for holders
Creature Toadz – https://swampdao.finance/ Mashup of Creatures + Cryptoadz . $FLYZ
- Not really sure what’s going on here at the moment, but still seems to be working.
Do Not Mint – https://opensea.io/collection/absolutely-do-not-mint
- This may be idiotic but it’s feeling like something
- Also may be idiotic but I sold mine for a 4x profit to get liquidity
I’ve given up on the following projects – I hope they can resurrect, but I’m not hopeful.
Raini Lords of Light
(Buried in February)
Tiki Festival – https://tikifestival.io/
I held on to hope as long as I could. Frenchie is still working, but I think this is a graveyard project now. Frenchie is iterating…
One Day Bae (resurrected)
Heaven Computer – https://heaven.computer/
Female led, amazing art project. Godmin abides but there is nothing happening here.
– $LUPX aka Lupecoin – we tried, we really did
– $BTCP – Bitcoin Private. It seemed like a perfect idea
– $MTC aka Docademic, Medical Token Currency – this was worth so much at one point, now nothing
– cMyKatz – I really like the dev on this and the community rallied around him but it just didn’t happen, a combination of bad timing on market sentiment and high gas fees. I have cMyKatz, cMyGravez, and ZombieKatz – they are all worthless now.
– Good Guys – One of the rare projects I drew a rare on. Dev got sick and it all just seems to have died.
– Invariant Labs/Monkey Bets – I hold two full sets here. I hope it recovers but with the Beanie mess, just doesn’t seem very likely.
– aiVatar – This project from Trey Ratcliffe was really cool. Totally unique. No one cared.
– CubeVerse – An MIT program turned avatar that seemed cool but then just sort of fizzled. I have several and derivatives – worthless
– Bear Market Bears and Doadz – I really really really want these to succeed. I love the art. Hamm is a cool guy that does cool stuff. It’s just that nothing happens with these and you can’t even give them away (but I won’t)
– Hobo Beards – One of my all time favorite projects and communities. The devs are still working, still making things, still trying to resurrect – but for the moment, it’s in the graveyard.
– The MTA/Metahelmet – I have no idea what happened here. Not a rug, but they just died on the vine.
– Template – I was so excited to buy this one, so excited for the amazing innovation and ideas behind the project but it just seems to have gone nowhere
– Madame Sofia’s Oracle of Wisdom – It seemed like such a good idea, but so quickly dropped to zero
– The Miners Club – Floor price cratering. No news. No announcements. Nothing since the mint. Bummer. Had high hopes for this one.
– Arcade NFTs – These are so cool. Fully playable arcade games on OpenSea. Floor has dropped to zero (or below). RIP ToadRunnerz. I hope I’m premature on calling this one dead – it really deserves to resurrect.
– Invaders –Neil Strauss loves them, arguably the most attractive artist in crypto, cool art and funny characteristics, fun community. Should have worked but just hasn’t. Missing something – but what?
– The Awakening – This was an almost free comic book drop. Didn’t expect much. Community largely dead. Needs a good awakening itself.
– Lofi Skylines – these and other stuff from Crown Ghoul were so cool, but that wasn’t enough I guess.
– Emily Lazar’s September Monsters – this is a pretty cool female artist, music oriented NFT with some nice attachments of comic and music -but – it just go no traction.
– Peaceful Toadz – No new news since mint. Fun art, but low effort follow through.
– Lucky Maneki (Resurrected to White Chips) – This project keeps working and trying but somehow has just never managed to take off. Seems like it is unlikely that it ever will.
– The Meta Reserve – Free mint (+ gas) of 1 GBP note (first 500)
Waiting on reveal. This might be a deadend project.
– MyPfpLand/Bloot Elves – No new news. It’s not looking like much is happening here. Hoping this turns around.
– Degenz/Regenz (Resurrected to White Chips) – OSF and Mando have turned this project into an alpha and education group and it has worked.
– $TIME, $MEMO, $wMEMO prices have left many rekt. The 100M $BSGG airdrop has not happened yet. Wonderland is down 97.5% from ath several months ago. Seems an impossible task to ever recover.
– Cat and Mouse Game – So many issues. I’m expecting more issues.