This is a work in progress and will be updated and shared on Aloha Fridays. Please let me know of any Hawaii based projects
No updates until summer is over. Get outside!
Hawai`i Blockchain Gatherings/Events:
5/6/2022 6pm- 7pm, Blockchain Informal – Whole Foods Kaka’ako – informal meetup and chill event for all blockchain interested or involved people. There is no agenda here – just a chance to meet up in real life, make some frens, and enjoy a bit of breath together.
Hawai`i Blockchain News
- Bill to create license for cryptocurrency exchanges dies at Capitol
- DCIL Seeks Hawai’i Non-Profits Dabbling in Crypto
- Hawaii Becomes Latest State to Approve Task Force to Examine Bitcoin, Web3 Technology
- “Instead of being trailblazers, we might be going backwards.”
- Is cryptocurrency dead in Hawaii?
- Hawaii crypto holders face uncertainty as digital currency pilot program nears end
- Robinhood has rolled out crypto wallets to its 2 million-strong waitlist — except for people in HI, NY, NV
Helpful Hawai`i Blockchain Resources:
- Ryan Ozawa’s Hawaii Crypto Group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/hawaiicrypto/
Highly recommended. Great information and friendly ohana. https://www.hawaiicrypto.net
- Honolulu Bitcoin/Crypto Meetup Group: https://www.meetup.com/honolulu-bitcoin-crypto-meetup-group/
Sean and Aliko have created a safe space for new or experienced crypto people to connect. They’ve also created the excellent How to Crypto Hawaii (https://www.howtocryptohawaii.com/) website that has a wealth of local information on it that is helpful for people of all levels in the aloha state (and a Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/howtocryptohawaii/)
- Honolulu Bitcoin Devs https://www.meetup.com/honolulu-bitdevs/
- Chainlink Honolulu Devs https://www.meetup.com/meetup-group-odvuqzln/
- Ethereum Hawaii https://www.meetup.com/Ethereum-Hawaii/
- https://hawaiicrypto.org – Doesn’t seem to have much specific to Hawaii, just an affiliate link to Gemini
Where My Vanagon Goes – https://opensea.io/collection/where-my-vanagon-goes | Discord | Twitter: @vagobond
Aloha NFT – https://alohanft.com |
Crypto & Token Projects:
Hawaii Coin – https://www.hawaii-crypto.com I bought some of these. It’s actually one of the oldest crypto projects out there (not just in Hawaii) and has seen little peaks of interest over the years where it looks like it might revive, but so far, nope.
Aloha Coin – http://hawaii-nation.org/alohacoin.html I helped to write the White Paper for this back in 2017, but the project just seemed to drop of the radar, devs stopped responding, etc. It still sits right where it was.
Exchanges & Bitcoin ATMs:
I’m not going to reinvent the wheel here: How To Crypto Hawaii has an excellent and up to date page that lists the exchanges that can be used in Hawaii, the pros and cons, and more.